We are dedicated to the wellbeing and safety of our patients, staff and doctors which is why we have adopted the following policies and safety practices to help keep you and our team safe.Please check this page often if you have an upcoming appointment or require any of our services.Since the arrival of COVID-19 pandemic, we have followed CDC recommendations and have taken measures to keep everyone safe to the best of our ability.
We have implemented the following internal procedures in our office in an effort to maintain a safe environment for care:
- All patient rooms will be cleaned thoroughly before and after any patient encounter.
- Assessing all patients and staff for COVID-19 symptoms, including performing temperature checks for all patients, family, and staff as they enter the office.
- Requiring staff to wear masks at all times and wash hands frequently.
- Encouraging patients to wear a mask to their office visit and wash hands frequently.
- Limiting people in our offices to the patient only (unless a pediatric or geriatric patient).
- Limiting patient movement in the clinical area.
- Limiting the number of patient appointments to reduce the total number of people in our office at one time.
- Encouraging social distancing in the waiting rooms and when checking in for an appointment.
- Increased cleanings of the entire office.
- If patients or staff have been recently sick or possibly contagious to reschedule theirappointment.
We have the following questions for you:
- Have you had a fever or respiratory issues or been around anyone with these symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you been sick or around anyone sick in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled out of the country in the past month?
If you answered yes to any of these questions we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment.
Palmetto Eye and Laser Center will continue to be on-call (24-hours a day and 7-days a week) covering all emergency eye needs.
Thank you for continuing to trust Palmetto Eye and Laser Center with your eye care needs as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters together, during this unprecedented time.
The Doctors and Staff
Palmetto Eye and Laser Center